Havaianas x OREO®Giveaway Competition Terms & Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion and acceptance of a prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter is Aqueo Import & Distribution Pty Ltd (ABN: 55 098 528 440) of Lower, Ground Floor, 85/93 Commonwealth St, Surry Hills NSW 2010 telephone number (+61) 02 9369 0510 (Promoter)
3) The promotion opens at 18:00 AEDT on Friday, December 10th, 2021 and closes at 11:59 AEDT on Friday, December 17 2021 (Promotion Period)
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoters and their related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, during the Promotion Period to win 1 of 10 Havaianas X OREO® thong packs for two, the eligible entrant must enter by simply:
- follow @havaianas.australia on Instagram and like the Havaianas x OREO® Instagram competition post
- tag a friend by commenting on the Havaianas x OREO® Instagram Competition post.
Competition post can be found here:
6) Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period and multiple entries per eligible entrant is allowed.
7) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoters.
8) The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9) The Promoters accept no responsibility for any late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
10) The Promoters will not accept entries that they deem, in their absolute discretion, to be unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or otherwise unsuitable for publication.
11) Each Eligible Entrant must create their own original entry which does not infringe any third party’s rights, including IP, privacy and publicity rights and does not contain material which is otherwise inappropriate. The entry must not have been previously published in any other medium or forum and the Eligible Entrant must not have granted rights to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoters here. Entries that are found to have been derived from, or infringe third party IP will be considered invalid, and if awarded a prize, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize.
12) Each entrant is responsible for the entry they submit. All entries submitted may be used for promotional purposes across Havaianas Australia channels, including but not limited to social media.
Judging of entries
13) This promotion is a game of chance and the winners will be chosen from the list of comments submitted on the Havaianas Instagram competition post at random. The Promoters’ decision in relation to all aspects of the promotion (including where an entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14) The Promoters will choose ten (10) winners by 17:00 (AEDT) Tuesday, December 21, 2021.
15) It is a condition of entry that the prize winners accept all conditions of use of the prize.
16) There will be ten (10) winners who will receive one (1) prize pack each consisting of:
Two (2) pairs of Havaianas X OREO® Thongs (Havaianas size selection will be indicated by the individual after they have been notified as a winner.
17) The total prize pack has a maximum value of AU$100.
18) The total prize pool has a maximum value of AU$1,000.
19) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoters.
20) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
21) The Promoter will mail the prize to the ten (10) winners via Australia Post or a similar service within 28 days of receiving the winners’ Havaianas size selections, and their street addresses.
Notification of the winners
22) All winners of the prize will be notified via a comment made by Havaianas Australia on the Havaianas x Oreo Instagram Competition post by 17:00 (AEDT) on Wednesday, December 22, 2021. The winning Eligible Entrants must respond to the Promoters via Instagram direct message by 17:00 (AEDT) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021.
Right of the Promoters to rejudge
23) The Promoters reserve the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 17:00 (AEDT) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021, the Promoters will award the prize to the first runners up by 17:00 (AEDT) Thursday, December 30, 2021. The runners up will be notified via a comment made by Havaianas Australia on the Havaianas x Oreo Instagram competition post.
24) The first runners up must respond to the Promoters via Instagram direct message by 17:00 (AEDT) on Thursday, January 6, 2022.
25) The Promoters reserve the right to discontinue a re-draw in the event of the first runners up being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
26) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters and which prevents the Promoters from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoters will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoters reserve the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
27) The Promoters, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
28) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
29) The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines or the postal service and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction, outage, strike or otherwise.
Entry details and privacy
30) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion.
31) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.