OREO® Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies By @morganhipworth
- 230g unsalted butter
- 220g brown sugar
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 10 OREO® cookies, crushed
- 15 OREO® cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar, and mix for 2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Use a silicone spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the eggs, and mix on high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy (and no longer looks separated). Add the flour, baking soda and powder, and mix on the lowest speed until all the flour is just incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, crushed OREO® cookies and mix on the lowest speed until the chocolate chips are evenly incorporated into the dough.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 portions and using your hands roll the dough around the OREO® cookies and shape into balls.
- Place the cookies on the lined baking tray (don’t press them down), leaving at least 5 centimetres between each cookie for them to spread. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.